You’re cordially invited to Blue Island Oyster Bar (BIOB) for our Chef and Shucker Class! In keeping with the focus and inspiration of BIOB we’ve opened up an instructional shucking class to teach the public about all things oysters and clams. The class will focus upon:
- The history of oysters and their interaction with humans
- How to shuck an oyster
- How to properly wash, store, and prepare shellfish
- Suggested wine and beer pairings
- Common cooked shellfish recipes.
The class costs $45 unless otherwise noted, and includes the following:
- A guided instructional class on the art of shucking oysters and clams
- 12-15 oysters or clams to shuck
- A complimentary glass of wine or champagne specifically paired with the oyster
- A meat, fish, cheese, and bread board specifically themed along with the oyster class
- An oyster shucking knife
- The Blue Island Oyster Bar “Oyster Bible”: An informational packet of oyster history, anatomy, and growing information designed to make everyone an oyster expert.
Come let the shells fly!
Click here or call to make your reservation (303) 333-2462
*Your valid credit card details are required to guarantee a reservation;
in case of cancellation 48 hours prior or no show, it will be charged.